LED LIGHT THERAPY
One of the best tools for anti-aging! LED light therapy has been at the forefront of skincare technology for its amazing results. All skin types will benefit from LED, anyone will love the benefits of a little glow in their life! At Ashley Nelson Studios, we proudly carry My Skin Buddy LED devices and use them in all of our anti-aging skin treatments. Not only are they available for awesome results in our treatment rooms but they are available for home use as well.
ONE DEVICE. MULTIPLE BENEFITS
Enhance product penetration
Reduce redness and inflammation
Stimulate collagen renewal and skin rejuvenation
Deeply cleanse and gently exfoliate dead skin cells
Reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores
Kills P. acnes bacteria that leads to acne formation
FOUR PROVEN TECHNOLOGIES
MYSKINBUDDY is the revolutionary facial device that utilizes four proven technologies to help you achieve a clearer complexion, brighter and even skin tone, and a more youthful appearance.
Photon LED therapy (Light Emitting Diode)
Thermal Heat Therapy
1. Deep Cleanse and Exfoliation Mode. This setting lets you experience a gentle yet deep and squeaky clean through ion care while thermal heat therapy, ultrasonic vibrations, and red LED light therapy help break up dead skin cells and promote more oxygen in your skin for an immediately brighter, smoother, and tighter complexion.
2. Acne Care. Whether you have cystic, mild or hormonal acne issues, this setting should be in your routine. Blue LED light therapy has been clinically proven to kill p. Acnes bacteria that leads to acne formation. This mode also uses ultrasonic vibration and ions to help push your acne products deeper into the skin and break up dead skin cells that may be trapping oils.
3. Calming and Brightening. This setting is wonderful for individuals who suffer from hyperpigmentation and redness. Green LED light therapy has been shown to help fade dark spots, brighten skin, and reduce redness. Take advantage of the added ions and ultrasonic vibrations in this mode as well, and use a lightening product suggested for your skin type and speed up the results.
4. Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-aging. Take your serum and moisturizer to the next level with this setting. The combination of a red LED light therapy, ultrasonic vibrations, and ions will deeply infuse your skin care into the dermal layers for optimal nourishment. Pay attention to how plump and radiant your skin will feel and look after the first treatment and see long-lasting results with continued use.
5. Multi-symptom Therapy. Most people have more than one skin issue. Do you have wrinkles, dark spots, and acne? No worries, we’ve got you! Use this setting that offers all three lights plus product infusion via ultrasonic vibration and ions.
6. Photosensitive and Ingredient Infusion. Not in the mood for a disco of lights tonight? Try this setting that offers a light-free option with ultrasonic vibration and ions to help you infuse your serum and moisturizers.
The HydraSkinRefiner uses specifically designed dermabrasion and water tips which gently exfoliate the skin. The tips allow Ashley Nelson Studios' brand of serums longer duration on the skin, edges are designed to push the serums deeper into the skin – producing a plumped up effect. This resurfacing treatment thoroughly enhances the skin using vortex technology to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, and moisturize simultaneously. It merges soothing and results driven professional serums to achieve instant lasting results. The procedure is soothing, moisturizing, non-irritating, and immediately effective. Your Hydrodermabrasion facial treatment is proven to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, congested and enlarged pores, oily or acne-prone skin, hyperpigmentation and brown spots.
ADVANCED SKIN CARE PEELS
As the weather cools, leaves change and days get shorter, skincare professionals everywhere celebrate the start of... PEEL SEASON!
As sun exposure is limited during these months, lightening and brightening treatments are highly recommended. With proper homecare prior to, during, and after peels you can see some great results with little to no downtime- just in time for the holidays! Peels are our number one service because they work wonders and give an instant glow and radiance.
Q) Am I going to be bright red and peel like Samantha from Sex and the City?
A) There are many peels on the market and most of them do not make you peel. Some actually increase hydration in the skin. Different ingredients and peels are aimed at treating different skin types. Most peel treatments have no downtime and can be done on lunch breaks. Most peels will feel tingly or have a light stinging sensation, only a few make you feel like your face is on fire and it is totally up to you if you want to reach that level. We like to take things in baby steps and always start off with milder strengths and gradually build so you always have control of your comfort level.
Q) Aren't chemicals bad for your skin?
A) The term "chemical" peel refers to the way the dead skin is removed and does not pertain to the ingredients. There are two types of exfoliation: physical (a scrub) and chemical (dissolves the dead skin without abrasion, much like pineapple will dissolve the inside of your mouth if you eat too much of it). Most chemical peels are derived from foods we eat everyday:
*Malic acid comes from apples
*Glycolic acid comes from sugar cane
*Lactic acid comes from milk
*Retinoic acid is derived from vitamin A
*Kojic acid comes from mushrooms
*Salicylic acid comes from Willowbark
Q) What exactly do peels do? What kind of results will I have?
A) Peels achieve a number of great benefits within the skin. As mentioned above, there are different peels suited for different skin types. Some dry up breakouts, some heal acne scarring, some lift pigmentation and dark spots, some diminish fine lines and wrinkles but all peels do the following:
*Exfoliate the skin at a cellular level. Most scrubs, washcloths and exfoliating cleansers are great for sloughing off dead skin on the surface but a peel will dissolve more layers of dead skin and jump start your skins own exfoliation regimen, pushing dead dull skin up and out. Skin is left radiant and glowing!
*Peels allow for better product penetration; Serums can reach deeper levels of the skin, moisturizers can hydrate healthy skin instead of being wasted on dead skin. And no one likes wasting $60 moisturizer for dead skin sitting on your face.
*Peels also help prevent breakouts and millia (tiny white bumps that look like pimples but aren't). There are certain peels that specifically target breakout prone skin but all peels help with removing dead skin build up within the pores.
*Peels refine pores! They dissolve dirt and debris within the pore causing the pore to stretch and grow. It's important to keep these clean so they don't get larger as we age.
*Any exfoliation encourages collagen production. That's right, ALL chemical peels are anti-aging. Collagen plumps up our skins "air mattress", visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles and helps prevent new ones from occurring.
*Peels lighten scarring, pigmentation and even out skin tone. Wear less makeup, feel more confident.
*All peels tighten and tone. Especially the two days following a peel. Many of my clients plan special occasions/family pictures/events around their chemical peel schedules because it makes their skin look amazing and tight.
Q) Wait, peel SCHEDULES? How many of these things am I going to have to do? This sounds expensive.
A) Peels can be expensive but I'm a magical fairy peel goddess and I've come to save your faces! Peels are best performed in a series of 6 to 8 treatments, every 2 to 4 weeks apart. The results are cumulative so the results build and build every time you come in! Some clients add them into their monthly maintenance facials for an extra kick of anti-aging. Some absolutely love them all on their own. Peels at area spas are upwards of $100-200 each. Our most popular peel services are our Pumpkin Peel and Candied Apple Peel service, both are $50 and only take about 15 minutes. Our Hydradermabrasion service is 25 minutes for $70 and includes a freebie peel.
Q) What do I need to do after a peel?
A) Sunscreen is a must, failure to protect your newly discovered youthful glow will result in more sun damage. Exfoliating scrubs, masks, and acids should be avoided for a week after a peel. Especially products containing retinols and retinoids. Avoid all facial waxing for at least one week. Incorporating a tyrosinase inhibitor (stops the production of melanin in the skin) is highly recommended to use in between peel treatments. These ingredients can be found in our Candied Apple Serum ($18 minis/$75 full size) and Sugar Plum Cherry Peel ($25 minis/$50 full size).
To book a peel, chose 'Natural Based Chemical Menu' or 'Hydradermabrasion' from the menu and we will do a thorough skin consult prior to your service to determine which type of peel is best for your skin and results you want to achieve.